XXXV International Folklore Festival “Atataria lamzdžiai – 2020”
I. COMMON CONDITIONS
1. Regulations of XXXV International Folklore Festival “Atataria lamzdžiai – 2020“ have been written to establish the purpose and objectives of the festival, requirements for participants and programs, participation and registration details, organizers and coordinators of the festival.
2. The organizer of the festival is Kaunas City Municipality and Kaunas National Culture Centre.
3. XXXV International Folklore Festival “Atataria lamzdžiai – 2020“ is a traditional folklore festival for amateurs not for professionals in Lithuania, which is held annually in May in Kaunas since 1984. 2020 festival will be held for the XXXV time, celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Republic of Lithuania (when the Constituent Parliament finally approved Lithuania as a Democratic Republic).
II. THE PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES OF THE FESTIVAL
4. The purpose of the Festival is to promote the development of ethnic culture, which ensures the preservation and strengthening of national identity and self-awareness. To activate the activity of Lithuanian folk ensembles in order to improve the artistic level of folk groups and individual performers, to form the internal need of people to participate in creative artistic activities. Incorporating modernized forms of folklore expression into the festival programs in order to develop positive youth attitudes towards traditional Lithuanian and foreign folk music.
5. Objectives of XXXV International Folklore Festival “Atataria lamzdžiai – 2020”:
5.1. To organize cultural events for children, youth and adults in order to form historical memory, nurture patriotic feelings, national self-awareness, reflected in folk singer folk tales and contemporary modern folk songs.
5.2. To Organize the activities representing the national art in order to introduce the public to the decorative art created by folk artists.
5.3. To organize the activities of the creative laboratory, which will include access to traditional singing, contractual singing, playing string, brass, bells and other musical instruments.
5.4. To foster the dissemination of Lithuanian ethnic culture in the world, based on the means of mass media, and to promote the knowledge of the culture of other peoples of the world.
III. THE PLACE AND TIME
6. XXXV International Folklore Festival “Atataria lamzdžiai – 2020”, dedicated to Centennial of the restored Lithuania, takes place in Kaunas National Culture Centre (A.Jaksto str. 18, Kaunas, Lithuania) and other open and closed places on the 5th -7th of June in 2020.
IV. REGISTRATION DETAILS
7. The folklore groups that would prefer to take the participation in the festival should to register, by sending by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or mail (Kaunas National Culture Centre, A.Jaksto str. 18, Kaunas, LT-44275, Lithuania):
7.1. an entry form (is in the attachments) ATATARIA LAMZDZIAI 2020 entry form
7.2. a photo of the group (or several photos, minimum size 3000×2000 pixels or 1MB),
7.3. video or audio recording of the group ‘s program.
8. The entry form should be sent to organizers till the 1st of March 2020.
9. After getting the mentioned information of the folklore group, the organizer confirms group’s participation in the festival by sending e-mail with official invitation.
V. REQUIRMENTS FOR PARTICIPANTS
10. A participating group should be maximum of 30 performers (incl. leaders, drivers, accompanying persons) except other agreements.
11. Tourists (members who have nothing to do with the performances of the group) are not accepted.
12. Groups may arrive a day before the festival and leave next day after the festival except the change of circumstances beyond the organizer’s and participants control, such as airplane flight timetables, etc.
13. The accommodation and board are near the concerts places (the distance is no longer than 3 km).
VI. FESTIVAL FEE
14. There is the 30 € participant fee have been applied for the festival participants. Festival fee applies per person/ per day, partly to cover expenses of accommodation, board, migration department fees (if needed) and other fees, transportation inside the country, cultural programs, accompanying person.
15. The costs of transport to Lithuania and back home, visas (if needed), insurance expenses are covered by the participants.
16. Participants from abroad may be exempted from participation fees if the participants decide on their own meals, accommodation, transport inside the country, etc. questions or they arrive at the implementation of cooperation agreements between folklore ensembles.
17. The 30 percent of the festival fee must be transferred before the 1st of April 2020 to the organizers account:
17.1. The organizer: Kaunas National Culture Centre
17.2. Account No. LT314010042500030391
17.3. SWIFT code: AGBLLT2X
17.4. The purpose of payment: The festival fee for “group’s name”, country.
18. The last 70 percent of the festival fee must be transferred before the 15th of April 2020.
19. Festival organizers retain the right to change participant fees, due to the change of circumstances beyond the organizer’s control.
20. If the group does not arrive, the festival fee will not be returned. It can be used to cover the losses of the participant’s absence, for the festival program realization or other institution activities.
VII. REQUIRMENTS FOR PROGRAMS
21. The program consists of the authentic and modern folkloric musical vocal and/or instrumental, choreographic folklore.
22. The groups should prepare a concert program on stage (10-20 minutes), a concert in the streets and squares program (30-40 minutes).
23. The groups with an instrumental and dance group should prepare a dance program for demonstration and training for the dance evening (20 -30 minutes).
24. The group should perform only with „live music” (recommended).
25. Groups have a chance to have their own concert if there is an advance deal with organizer.
26. Festival will take place in Kaunas city: concert halls, town squares and other opened or closed areas.
27. Not all performances will be in the places with electricity available on the stages (no amplifiers and microphones).
28. All information about the Festival is published on the Kaunas National Culture Centre web site: www.ktkc.lt, in organiser’s Facebook account www.facebook.com/atatarialamzdziai/
29.1. Vilija Kepežinskienė, Headmaster
Email address: email@example.com
Phone: (+370 37) 40 7135, (+370 37) 40 7136,
Mob. phone: +370 679 36796
29.2. Vaida Kasparavičienė, Project Coordinator
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mob. phone: +370 673 29769
29.3. Kristina Kliucevičiūtė-Mikulskienė, Methodist, responsible for foreign groups
Email address: email@example.com
Mob. phone +370 603 57524
29.4. Irma Odeta Lėvartė, Methodist, responsible for Lithuanian groups
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mob. phone: +370 679 36718.
IX. FINAL PROVISIONS
30. The group accepts these conditions of the festival by participating in the festival.
31. The participants of the festival will be photographed and filmed. Photos and films are concidered to be the property of Kaunas National Culture Centre and can be used for promotional purposes without the consent of participants.
32. Processing of personal data:
32.1. By attending the festival, participants agree to the processing of their personal data (name, telephone number and email address). The information may be publicly available on the Internet, in the press, on television, on radio stations and other public information media, and the statistical data shall be submitted to the Kaunas City Municipality and the Lithuanian Culture Council (after receiving funding).
32.2. The Festival participant has the right to: request access to his / her personal data processed, correct, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate personal data, demand to delete his / her personal data, to restrict his / her personal data processing in cases provided by legal acts.